Strengthening departmental function and effectiveness by empowering a community where diversity, equity, and inclusion are promoted; enabling everyone to feel valued, engaged, and supported.
- To renew the structure of and further diversify the departmental Diversity Council and its leadership by mid academic year.
- To enhance our departmental diversity with continuing efforts to recruit and retain a diverse faculty, and by being intentional about diversity and inclusion during the trainee recruitment process in order to increase successful recruitment of underrepresented individuals by 10% in three years.
- To strengthen the sense of community across the department by organizing a community activity twice a year to which each departmental section, trainee, and staff group will have representative participants, such that everyone feels valued, engaged, and supported.
- To increase our cultural competency by initiating at least three cultural sharing sessions over the next year, so that all members demonstrate the knowledge and skills to work with diverse people, to educate diverse students, residents and fellows, and to treat diverse patients.
- Dr. Lindsay Yang accepted into Urban Health Initiative Community Champions Program
- SPIE DEI Webinar - WIO Spotlight Series: Fostering an inclusive Academic Environment - January 14, 2021
- Celebration of National Female Physicians Day: Women Leading Healthcare Webinar - February 3, 2021
- "Picture a Scientist" Virtual Film Screening - February 12 - 18, 2021
- SPEI DEI Webinar - "Navigating Your Career Using the Switch" - February 11, 2021
- Radiology FAME lecture: Minimizing Bias in Narrative Assessment – Amber Pincavage, MD, March 15, 2021 at 12pm
- Faculty Development: Best practices review for contributing to faculty searches - April 20, 2021 11-12:30pm, May 26, 2021 9-10:30am, and June 11, 2021 9-10:30am
- Global MIT Chinese Alumni Group Webinar: Mitigating Anti-Asian Hate & How to be an Upstander/Bystander – Carina Yang, MD, Nolan Kagetsu, MD, and Wean Khing Wong, Esq., June 24, 2021 at 7pm EDT.
- Radiology FAME lecture - "Letters: Identify and avoid unintentional bias in letters" – Lisa McQueen, MD, August 2, 2021 at 12pm