1. Penney BC: Theory and cardiac applications of electrical impedance measurements, CRC Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering 13:227-287, 1986.
2. Penney BC, King MA, Schwinger RB, Baker SP, Stritzke P and Doherty PW: Constrained least squares restoration of nuclear medicine images: selecting the coarseness function, Med Phys 14:849-858, 1987.
3. Penney BC, King MA and Doherty PW: Maximum a posteriori restoration applied to nuclear medicine images, Proc IEEE/EMBS 9th Annual Conf pp. 1668-1669, 1987.
4. Penney BC, King MA, Schwinger RB, Baker SP and Doherty PW: Modifying constrained least squares restoration for application to SPECT projection images, Med Phys 15:334-342, 1988.
5. Penney BC, Glick SJ and King MA: Relative importance of the error sources in Wiener restoration of scintigrams, IEEE Med Imag 9:60-70, 1990.
6. Penney BC, King MA and Knesaurek K: A projector, back-projector, pair which accounts for the two-dimensional depth and distance dependent blurring in SPECT. IEEE Nucl Sci 37:681-686, 1990.
7. Penney BC, King MA and Glick SJ: Restoration of combined conjugate images in SPECT: Comparison of a new Wiener filter and the image-dependent Metz filter. IEEE Nucl Sci 37:707-712, 1990.
8. King MA, Coleman M, Penney BC, Glick SJ: Activity quantitation in SPECT: A study of prereconstruction Metz filtering and use of the scatter degradation factor. Med Phys. 1991 18(2):184-9, 1991.
9. Long DT, King MA, Penney BC, 2D vs. 3D edge detection as a basis for volume quantitation in SPECT. Prog Cloin Biol Res. 363:457-71, 1991.
10. King MA, Glick SJ and Penney BC: Activity quantitation in SPECT: A comparison of three attenuation correction methods in combination with pre-reconstruction restoration filtering. IEEE Nuc Sci 38:755-760, 1991.
11. Wheeler HB, Penney BC, Anderson FA Jr and Peura RA: Impedance plethysmography: Theoretical and experimental basis. In: Non-invasive Diagnostic Techniques in Vascular Disease, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th eds, Bernstein EF (ed), CV Mosby Co, St. Louis, 1978, 1982, 1985, 1993.
12. Glick SJ, Penney BC, King MA and Byrne CL: “Non-iterative compensation for the distance-dependent detector response and photon attenuation in SPECT Imaging, “ IEEE Med Imag 13:363-374, 1994.
13. Glick SJ, Penney BC, King MA and Byrne CL: “Reducing the computational load of iterative SPECT reconstruction methods by pre-0precessing the projection data to compensate for non-stationary resolution and attenuation, “ Proc. SPIE 2167:226-234, 1994.
14. Pan, T-S, King MA, Penney BC, Rajeevan N, Luo D-S and Case JA: “Reduction of truncation artifacts in fan beam transmission by using parallel beam emission data, “ IEEE Trans Nuc Sci 42:1310-1320, 1995.
15. King MA, Luo D, Dahlberg ST, Villegas BJ, Penney BC and Morgan HT: “Transmission imaging of large attenuators using slant hole collimators on a three-headed SPECT system, Med. Phys., 23:263-72, 1996.
16. Liu H, Fajardo LL and Penny [sic] BC: “Signal-to-Noise ratio and detective Quantum efficiency analysis of optically coupled CCD mammography imaging systems”, Academic Radiology, 3: 799-805, 1996.
17. Ryan J, Penney B, Al-Hallaq H and Weissman I: Rapid acquisition sequence (RAS) imaging with dual or triple head gamma cameras reduces bladder filling artifacts, Eur J Nucl Med, 25:910, 1998.
18. LaRiviere PJ, Pan X, and Penney BC: Ideal-observer analysis of lesion detectability in planar, conventional SPECT, and dedicated SPECT scintimammography using effective multi-dimensional smoothing, IEEE Trans Nucl Sci 45:1273-1279, 1998.
19. Moore SC, deVries DJ, Penney BC, Mueller SP and Kijewski MF: Design of a collimator for imaging In-111, Med Sci Ser : 183-194 1998.
20. Kao C-M, Penney BC, Pan X, Bidani N, and Weissman IA: “Reducing urinary bladder artifact in SPECT reconstructions using low noise, analytic correction for uniform attenuation,” J Nucl Med, 40: 303P, 1999.
21. Licho R, Glick SJ, Xia W, Pan TS, Penney BC, King MA. Attenuation compensation in 99mTc SPECT brain imaging: a comparison of the use of attenuation maps derived from transmission versus emission data in normal scans. J Nucl Med. 1999 Mar: 40(3):456-63.
22. Penney BC, Kao C-M, Pan X, Bidani N.: Dual isotope (In-111/Tc-99m) SPECT: noise reduction with an analytic attenuation correction method, 2000 IEEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record, Lyon, France, pp. 13-20 to 13-24, 2001.
23. C.-M. Kao, X. Pan, and B.C. Penney, “Toward Optimal Reduction of Noise and Errors in Non-Iterative Reconstruction Methods for 3D SPECT,” Conference Record of the 2000 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference, 2, 15_132-15_136, 2001.
24. Feng J, Penney BC, and Pan X: Convolution estimation of spill-down and scatter in dual isotope (Tc-99/In-111) SPECT, Proc. SPIE, 4682:73-81, 2002.
25. Penney, BC., Kao, C.-M., Pan, X., and Bidani, N.: “Dual-isotope (In-111/Tc-99m) SPECT: noise and artifact reduction with an analytic attenuation correction method, “IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., 49:733-739, 2002.
26. Naclerio RM, Baroody FM, Bidani N, De Tineo M and Penney BC: A comparison of nasal clearance after treatment of perennial allergic rhinitis with budesonide and mometasone, Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 128:220-227, 2003
27. Roeske JC, Lujan A, Reba RC, Penney BC, Yamada DS and Mundt AJ: Incorporation of SPECT bone marrow imaging into intensity modulated whole-pelvic radiation therapy treatment planning for gynecologic malignancies, Radiother. Oncol., 77: 11-17, 2005.
28. M. Aristophanous, B. Penney, M. Martel, C. Pelizzari. “A Gaussian mixture model for definition of lung tumor volumes in positron emission tomography,” Med. Phys. 34, 4223-4235 (2007).
29. M. Aristophanous, BC Penney and CA Pelizzari: The development and testing of a digital PET phantom for the evaluation of tumor volume segmentation techniques. Med. Phys. 35:3331-42, 2008