Associate Professor of Radiology
Director, Pediatric Neuroradiology
Director, Neuroradiology Fellowship
Undergraduate: BS, Biology, BS, Literature, BS, Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 1999
Medical School: MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 2003
Internship: Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, IL, 2004
Residency: Radiology, McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 2008
Fellowship: Neuroradiology, McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 2009
American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology, 2008
American Board of Radiology - Neuroradiology, 2010
- Selected 2019 Anne G. Osborn American Society of North America (ASNR) International Outreach Professor to Ethiopia, 2018.
- Selected 3rd Place “High Value Care Educational Curricula,” at the High Value Practice Academic Alliance’s (HVPAA) High Value Health Care National Conference: "Imaging Wisely: An Introduction to the ACR Appropriateness Criteria and Analysis of its Impact on Internal Medicine Residents,” Baltimore, MD, 2018.
- Finalist, Costs of Care Value Challenge: “Imaging Wisely: An Introduction to the ACR appropriateness Criteria and Analysis of its Effect on Internal Medicine Residents;” submission garnered the most on-line votes, 2018.
- Selected fellow, Medical Education Research, Innovation, Teaching and Scholarship (MERITS) Fellowship in Medical Education, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 2016.
- Elected Chief Resident, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 2007-2008.
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Alumni Relations and Graduate Medical Education Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2007.
- Northwestern University Medical Student Resident Teacher Award, 2007.
- Steven M Pinsky, MD Resident Research Award, 2007.
- Elected to Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society), 1999.
Simulation in radiology
Simulation in radiology
- Shors SM, Fung CW, Francois CJ, Finn JP, Fieno DS (2004). Accurate quantification of right ventricular mass at MR imaging by using cine true fast imaging with steady-state precession: study in dogs. Radiology 230:383-388.
- Yang BP, Yang CW (2005). Remote cerebellar hemorrhage after craniotomy. Pediatric Neurosurgery 41: 52-53.
- Yang BP, Yang CW, Mindea SA, Alden, TD (2005). Reduplication of ventriculoperitoneal shunt catheter tip back through shunt tract. Pediatric Neurosurgery 41:168-169.
- Yang BP, Yang CW, Mindea SA, Tomita T (2005). Pituitary apoplexy. Pediatric Radiology 35: 830-831.
- Yang CW, Carr JC, Futterer SF, Morasch MD, Yang BP, Shors SM, Finn JP (2005). Contrast-Enhanced MR Angiography of the Vertebrobasilar Circulation. AJNR 26: 2095-2101.
- Yang CW, Yang BP (2005). Massive cerebral arterial air embolism following arterial catheterization. Neuroradiology 47: 892-894. Epub 2005 September 2.
- Yang BP, Das S, Yang CW, Cozzens JW (2006). Selective invasion of the anterior commissure in glioblastoma multiforme. Journal of Neuro-Oncology 80: 275-276. Epub 2006 June 14.
- Yang CW, Carr JC, Francois CJ, Shea SM, Deshpande VS, Meyers SN, Beohar N, Finn JP, Li D (2006). Coronary Magnetic Resonance Angiography Using Magnetization-Prepared Contrast- Enhanced Breath Hold Volume-Targeted Imaging (MPCE-VCATS). Investigative Radiology 41:639-644.
- Yang BP, Yang CW, Ondra SL (2007). A novel mathematical model of the sagittal spine. Spine 32:466-470.
- Wu J, Schulte J, Yang C, Baroody F, Ginat DT (2016). Hairy polyp of the nasopharynx arising from the Eustachian tube. Head and Neck Pathology 10:213-216. Epub 2015 May 5.
- Franco A, Jo SY, Mehta AS, Pandya DJ, Yang CW (2016). A Rare Triad of Giant Occipital Encephalocele with Lipomyelomeningocele, Tetralogy of Fallot, and Situs Inversus. Journal of Radiology Case Reports 10:36-46.
- Ali S, Ramakrishna R, Alexander A, Yang C. (2018). Simulation of Fluoroscopic-Guided Lumbar Puncture with a Novel Spine Task Trainer. BMJ Simulation and Technology Enhanced Learning, 4:205-206. Published Online First: 29 July 2017.
- Wu J, Yang C, Collins J, and Ginat DT. (2017). Diagnosis Please, Case 250 (Part 1): Alpers-Huttenlocher Syndrome. Radiology, 285:319–323.
- Stamates M, Frim D, Yang C, Katzman G, Ali S. (2018). MR Imaging in the Prone Position and the Diagnosis of Tethered Spinal Cord. Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics, 21:4-10. Advance online publication on October 27, 2017.
- Ali S, Qandeel M, Yang C. (2018). Virtual Simulation in Enhancing Procedural Training for Fluoroscopy-guided Lumbar Puncture: A Pilot Study. Academic Radiology, 25:235-239. Advance online publication on October 10, 2017.
- Tao JX, Wu S, Lacy M, et al. (2018). Stereotactic EEG-guided Laser Interstitial Thermal Therapy for Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry, 89:542-548. Advance online publication on November 28, 2017.
- Wu J, Yang C, Collins J, and Ginat DT (2018). Diagnosis Please, Case 250 (Part 2): Alpers-Huttenlocher syndrome. Radiology, 286:720–725.
- McMullen PD, Bridge JA, Blair E, Yang CW, Collins J, Cipriani N (2018). Aneurysmal Bone Cyst of the Maxillary Sinus with USP6 Rearrangement: Case Report of a Rare Entity and Review of the Literature. Head and Neck Pathology. Advance online publication on August 3, 2018.
- Ali S, Alexander A, Lambrix M, Ramakrishna R, Yang CW (2019). High-Fidelity Simulation Training for the Diagnosis and Management of Adverse Contrast Reactions. American Journal of Roentgenology, 212:2-8. Advance online publication on November 8, 2018.
- Oren N, Chang E, Yang C, Lee S (2019). Brain diffusion imaging findings may predict clinical outcome after cardiac arrest. Journal of Neuroimaging. Advance online publication on May 20, 2019.
- Polster SP, Dougherty M, Zeineddine HA, et al (2019). Dural Ectasia in Neurofibromatosis 1: Case Series, Management, and Review. Neurosurgery. Advance online publication on July 27, 2019.