We are proud to announce that the Department of Radiology was well represented at the May 2018 University of Chicago Medicine Quality and Safety Symposium.
Congratulations to first year physics resident, Emily Marshall, Drs. Yue Zhang, Jonathan Chung, Ingrid Reiser and Zheng Feng Lu, Anji Jones, Mark Malaniuk, and Michael Mason on having their poster selected as one of the top “Posters of Distinction” during this year’s symposium. The poster, entitled: “Institution Wide Comparisons of CT Diagnostic Reference Levels and Achievable Doses to National Benchmarked Values”, was presented on May 2, 2018 during Session 3 of the 2018 UCM Quality and Safety Symposium.
Congratulations to Drs. Michael Cui, Pritesh Patel, Ingrid Reiser, and Jonathan Chung, on being awarded “Just Do It” institutional recognition for their “STAT is the New Routine” project. This project was submitted as part of the 2018 Choosing Wisely Challenge. Drs. Cui, Patel, Reiser, and Chung, were recognized during the award portion of the Quality and Safety Symposium on May 2, 2018.
Session 1: Innovations in Efficiency
- Imaging Wisely: An Introduction to the ACR Appropriateness Criteria and Analysis of its Effect on Internal Medicine Residents
Session 2: Innovations in Patient-Centeredness
- Preliminary Experience with MRI Microscopy Imaging of Parotid Tumors
Session 3: Innovations in Innovations in Safety
- Institution Wide Comparisons of CT Diagnostic Reference Levels and Achievable Doses to National Benchmarked Values
- Implementation and Clinical Impact of Thickness Based Protocols in Portable Pediatric Abdomen Radiography
Session 4: Innovations in Timeliness
- Institutional Approach to Improving Value Through High Reliability
- STAT is the New Routine
Session 5: Innovations in Effectiveness
- Trainee-Facilitated Head and Neck Radiology – Pathology Correlation Conferences