Chairman Dr. David Paushter and Vice-Chair Dr. Greg Katzman joined Dr. Pek-Lan Khong from the University of Hong Kong to co-chair the Quality and Safety in Imaging Symposium at the University of Chicago Center in Hong Kong on October 29th, 2016.
The symposium was held in collaboration with the University of Hong Kong. The goals of this program included:
- To promote the exchange of knowledge and professional experiences of radiology departmental operations using quality initiatives as a len to improve efficiency, workflow, safety, and patient experience.
- To discuss the utilization of Lean approaches and IT applications with Business Intelligence Analytics as tools to optimize radiology departmental operations.
- To provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and opinions as well as the discussion of challenges encountered in the optimization of radiology department operations.
The symposium featured three sections: Quality and Safety; Operations; and Informatics. The detailed itinerary can be found here.
Guest speakers included -
- Dr. Jennifer Khoo, Chief-of-Service of the Department of Radiology in Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital.
- Dr. Hector Ma, Director and Senior Consultant Radiologist at the Scanning Department of St. Teresa's Hospital in Hong Kong.
- Dr. Summer Chan, Senior Health Informatician for the Hospital Authority of Hong Kong.