Assistant Professor of Radiology
Medical school: Aga Khan University Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan, 2005.
Internship: Internal Medicine, Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, IL, 2008.
Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City, IA, 2012.
Fellowship: Neuroradiology, UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, 2014.
- American Board of Radiology, 2012
- American Board of Radiology, Certificate of Added Qualification, Neuroradiology, 2014
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society for Neuroscience
- Reviewer, American Journal of Neuroradiology
- Resident Educator of the Year Award for Medical Student Teaching, Department of Radiology, The University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine (2012)
- Chief Fellow, Neuroradiology, UCSF Medical Center (2014)
Spine and peripheral nervous system, General neuroradiology, CT-guided spine interventions for pain management
Advanced spine imaging techniques, Brain tumors
- Ali S, Joseph NM, Perry A, Barajas RF Jr., Cha S. Apparent diffusion coefficient in glioblastoma with PNET-like components, a GBM variant. Journal of Neurooncol. (2014).
- Ali S, Radaideh MM, Shaibani A, Russell EJ, Walker MT. Persistent trigeminal artery terminating in the posterior inferior cerebellar artery: case report and Saltzman classification review. Neurosurgery (2008); 62(3): 746-748.
- Carroll TJ, Horowitz S, Shin W, Mouannes J, Sawlani R, Ali S, Raizer J, Futterer S. Quantification of cerebral perfusion using the “bookend technique”: an evaluation in CNS tumors. Magn Reson Imaging (2008); 26(10): 1352-1359.
- Ali S, Cashen TA, Carroll TJ, McComb E, Muzaffar M, Shaibani A, Walker MT. Time-resolved spinal MRA: initial clinical experience in the evaluation of spinal arteriovenous shunts. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol (2007); 28(9): 1806-1810.
- Shaibani A, Ali S, Bhatt H. Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty for the palliation of pain. Semin Intervent Radiol (2007); 24:409-418.
- Ali S, Walker MT. Bilateral persistent trigeminal arteries associated with bilateral carotid aneurysms. J Vasc Interv Radiol (2007); 18(5):692-694.
- Hopkins J, Shaibani A, Ali S, Khawar S, Parkinson R, Futterer S, Russell EJ, Getch C. Coil embolization of posttraumatic pseudoaneurysm of ophthalmic artery causing subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Neurosurg (2007); 107(5): 1043-46.
- Nguyen PH, Burrowes DM, Ali S, Bowman RM, Shaibani A. Intracranial vertebral artery dissection and subarachnoid hemorrhage following child abuse. Pediatr Radiol. (2007); 37(6):600-2.
- Ali S, Khan MA, Khealani B. Limb-shaking transient ischemic attacks: case report and review of literature. BMC Neurology (2006); 6(1):5.
- Strassman AM, Weissner W, Williams M, Ali S, Levy D. Axon diameters and intradural trajectories of the dural innervation in the rat. J. Comp. Neurol. (2004); 473(3):364-376.
- O’Shaughnessy BA, Salehi SA, Ali S, Liu JC. Anterior atlas fracture following suboccipital decompression for Chiari 1 malformation: Report of two cases. J. Neurosurg: Spine (2004); 1(1): 137-140.