Professor of Radiology and Surgery
Section Chief, Neuroradiology
Undergraduate: B.S., The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 1985
Medical school: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 1990
Internship: Mount Carmel Medical Center, Columbus, OH, 1991
Residency: Radiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 1995
Fellowship: Neuroradiology - Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, 1997; Interventional Neuroradiology -UniversitaetsSpital Zurich, Institut fur Neuroradiologie, 1998
- American Board of Radiology, 1995
- American Board of Radiology, Certificate of Added Qualification, Neuroradiology, 1998
- Magnum Cum Laude Award for Scientific Exhibit. American Society of Neuroradiology 2008 Christoforidis GA, Kontzialis M. Endovascular Recanalization in Acute Ischemic Stroke.
- Teacher of the Year. Department of Radiology. OSU Medical Center 2006
- Interventional Poster Award. “Effect of Hypercarbia on Infarct Volume in Experimental Stroke” Christoforidis GA, Yang M, Mohammad Y, Slivka A. AANS/CNS - ASITN 9th annual meeting 2006.
- Ohio State University Annual Research Award and Traveling Scholarship. Epstein CR, McGregor JM, Yang M, Abduljalil A, Chaudhury AR, Robitaille PM, Christoforidis GA. “Correlation of Microvascularity within Human Gliomas Identified at 8-Tesla, Ultra High Resolution MRI and Histopathology Using Frameless Stereotactic Guided Biopsies”, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio. Poster, April 1, 2004. Awarded to CR Epstein for work mentored by GA Christoforidis..
- Award of Excellence SNR/ASNR 1998. Kollias SS, Golay X, Christoforidis GA, Landau C, Valavanis, A, Correlation of Functional MR imaging with Perimetric Examination in Patients with Visual Field Defects due to Lesions Involving the Afferent Visual System. SNR/ASNR 1998 (Poster)
- Award of Excellence SNR/ASNR 1998. Kollias SS, Binkert C, Christoforidis GA, Valavanis A, Postprocessing Algorithms of 3D MR Angiography in the Evaluation of Patients with Intracranial Aneurysms. SNR/ASNR 1998 (Poster)
- Award of Excellence SNR/ASNR 1998. Kollias SS, Sartoretti S, Christoforidis GA, Valavanis A, Internal Anatomy and Three-Dimensional (3D) Reconstructed MR Imaging of Inner Ear Malformations in the Pediatric Population. SNR/ASNR 1998 (Poster)
- Award of Excellence SNR/ASNR 1998. Kollias SS, Bernays R, Christoforidis GA, Yonekawa Y, Valavanis A, Interventional Brain Procedures Performed with Interactive MR-Guidance in the Open MR System SNR/ASNR 1998 (Poster)
- Magnum Cum Laude Award for Scientific Exhibit ASNR 1997 - Christoforidis GA, Spickler EM, Mehta BA, Recio MV, MR imaging of CNS Sarcoid: Imaging Features and Response to Treatment.
- First Runner-up for scientific paper presentation for the effects of airborne ultrasonic waves on the growth of Christoforidis GA. E. coli and B. cereus. Junior Science and Humanities Symposium 1981
Diagnostic Interventional and Neuroradiology
Acute Ischemic Stroke