Assistant Professor of Radiology
Undergraduate: BS, Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, NY, 2001.
Medical: MD, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, 2005.
Graduate: MS, Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, NY, 2006.
Internship: General Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York City, NY, 2007.
Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 2011.
Fellowship: Neuroradiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 2013.
- American Board of Radiology, 2011
- American Board of Radiology, Certificate of Added Qualification, Neuroradiology, 2014
ASNR Computer Sciences and Information Committee
ASNR Young Professionals Committee
- May 2013. ANSR Summa Cum Laude. Ginat DT, Swearingen B, Curry W, Cahill D, Madsen J, Herrington J, Schaefer P. Tour of 3T Intraoperative MR Imaging for Brain Tumor Treatment.
- November 2012. RSNA Certificate of Merit. Vachha B, Ginat D, Mallur P, Cunnane MB, Moonis G. Finding a Voice: Imaging Features after Phonosurgical Procedures for Vocal Cord Paralysis Rehabilitation.
- November 2012. RSNA Certificate of Merit. Ginat DT, Ellika SK, Robson CD. Congenital Nasal Lesions: A Review of Embryology, Anatomy, and Imaging Features.
- November 2012. RSNA Certificate of Merit. Ginat DT. Imaging of Alternative CSF Shunts and Diversion Techniques—Not Everything is a VP Shunt.
- November 2012. RSNA Certificate of Merit. Ginat DT, Freitag SK, Cunnane ME, Moonis G. Imaging Evaluation of Orbital Reconstruction with a Clinical Perspective.
- November 2012. RSNA Certificate of Merit. Ginat DT, Schatz CJ. Facial Implants: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
- April 2012. ASNR Cum Laude. Ginat DT and Schaefer PW. Imaging Features of Psychosurgery, Neurodegenerative Surgery, and Epilepsy Surgery.
- April 2012. ASNR Cum Laude. Ginat DT and Schatz CJ. Imaging of Midface Anatomy and Cosmetic Procedures.
- September 2011. ASHNR 2nd Place Poster Presentation. Daniel Ginat, Charles Schatz. Materials Used for Facial Cosmesis and their Imaging Features.
- June 2011. Certificate of Merit for Research. University of Rochester, Department of Imaging Sciences.
- May 2011: ARRS Certificate of Merit. Ginat DT, Westesson P-L. The Bionic Brain, Head, and Neck.
- April 2011: AUR 3rd place. AUR Ginat DT, Ekholm S. Diffusion- weighted Imaging Features of Skull Lesions.
- November 2010: Prix Elsevier-Masson. Ginat DT, Bhatt S, Bokhari A, Dogra V. Tumeur fibreuse solitaires.
- October 2010: Larry Mack Award. Ginat DT, Voci S, Rubens DJ. Applying the Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound Criteria for Thyroid Nodule FNA and Utilizing Ultrasound Morphology for Further Reducing the Negative FNA Rate.
- December 2009: Cum Laude. Ginat DT, Butani D, Giampoli H, Jodhani J, Patel N. Spectrum of Sonographic Appearances of Thyroid Nodules in Biopsy Confirmed Cases.
- June 2009: Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award, RSNA.
- May 2009: AUR 1st place scientific abstract. Ginat DT, Butani D, Patel N. Spectrum of Sonographic Appearances of Thyroid Nodules in Biopsy-Proven Cases.
- Ginat DT, Small J, Schaefer PW (Eds). Neuroimaging Pharmacopeia. Springer. In draft.
- Ginat DT, Freitag SK. Post-treatment Imaging of the Orbit. Springer. In draft.
- Ginat DT and Westesson PL (Eds). Atlas of Postsurgical Neuroradiology: Imaging of the Brain, Spine, Head and Neck. Springer, 2012.
Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Ginat DT, Bhama P, Cunnane ME, Hadlock TA. Facial Reanimation Procedures Depicted on Radiologic Imaging. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2013 Aug 14.
- Oyedeji F, Giampoli E, Ginat D, Dogra V. The Sonographic Appearance of Benign and Malignant Thyroid Diseases and Their Histopathology Correlate: Demystifying the Thyroid Nodule. Ultrasound Q. 2013 Jul 17.
- Ginat DT, Freitag SK, Kieff D, Grove A, Fay A, Cunnane M, Moonis G. Radiographic Patterns of Orbital Involvement in IgG4-Related Disease. Opthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013 May 2.
- Ginat DT, Smith ER, Robertson RL, Scott RM, Schaefer PW. Imaging After Direct and Indirect Extracranial-Intracranial Bypass Surgery. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013 Jul;201(1):W124-W132.
- Ginat DT, Ellika SK, Corrigan J. Multi-detector-row computed tomography imaging of variant skull base foramina. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2013 Jul-Aug;37(4):481-5
- Ginat DT, Holbrook EH, Faquin W, Curtin HD. Nasal Hamartoma Associated With Duplicated Pituitary. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2013 May/June;37(3):369-370.
- Srinivasan L, Asaad WF, Ginat DT, Gale JT, Dougherty DD, Williams ZM, Sejnowski TJ, Eskandar EN. Action initiation in the human dorsal anterior cingulate cortex. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e55247.
- Ginat DT, Schatz CJ. Imaging of silastic cheek implant penetration into the maxillary sinus. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013 Feb 1;139(2):199-201.
- Schatz CJ, Ginat DT. Imaging Features of Rhinoplasty. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2013 Jan 10.
- Ho ML, Moonis G, Ginat DT, Eisenberg RL. Lesions of the corpus callosum. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013 Jan;200(1):W1-16.
- Ginat DT, Prabhu SP, Madsen JR. Postshunting corpus callosum swelling with depiction on tractography. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2012 Nov 16.
- Ginat DT. Frontal lobotomy. Neurology. 2012 Oct 23;79(17):1830.
- Ginat DT, Schatz CJ. Imaging of Facial Fillers: Additional Insights. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2012 Oct 18.
- Ginat DT, Martuza RL. Postoperative imaging of vestibular schwannomas. Neurosurg Focus. 2012 Sep;33(3):E18.
- Ginat DT, Sedaghat AR, Robson CD, Whittemore KR. Radiology quiz case 3. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Aug 1;138(8):775.
- Schatz CJ, Ginat DT. Imaging of Cosmetic Facial Implants and Grafts. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2012 Aug 9.
- Ginat DT, Schatz CJ. Imaging Features of Midface Injectable Fillers and Associated Complications. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2012 Jul 26
- Ginat DT, Singh AD, Moonis G. Multimodality imaging of hydrogel scleral buckles. Retina. 2012 Sep;32(8):1449-52.
- Ginat DT, Kelly HR, Schaefer PW, Davidson CJ, Curry W. Recurrent scalp metastasis from glioblastoma following resection. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2012 Jun 22.
- Ginat DT, Mangla R, Yeaney G, Johnson M, Ekholm S. Diffusion-weighted imaging for differentiating benign from malignant skull lesions and correlation with cell density. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012 Jun;198(6):W597-601.
- Ginat DT, Mangla R, Yeaney G, Schaefer PW, Wang H. Correlation between Dynamic Contrast-enhanced Perfusion MRI Relative Cerebral Blood Volume and Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Expression in Meningiomas. Acad Radiol. 2012 Aug;19(8):986-90.
- Ginat DT, Meyers SP. Intracranial Lesions with High Signal Intensity on T1-weighted MR Images: Differential Diagnosis. Radiographics. 2012 Mar;32(2):499-516.
MRI of the cranial nerves
Temporal bone imaging