Selected Publications (K. Doi is the author or co-author of more than 550 publications):
1. Doi K: Optical transfer functions of the focal spot of x-ray tubes. Am J Roentgenol 94: 712-718, 1965.
2. Doi K, Strubler KA, Rossmann K: Truncation errors in calculating the MTF of radiographic screen-film systems from the line spread function. Phys Med Biol 17: 241-250, 1972.
3. Doi K, Rossmann K: Effect of focal spot distribution on blood vessel imaging in magnification radiography. Radiology 114: 435-441, 1975.
4. Doi K, Genant HK, Rossmann K: Comparison of image quality in optical and radiographic magnification techniques for fine-detail skeletal radiography. Radiology 118: 189-195, 1976.
5. Doi K, Holje G, Loo LN, Chan HP, Sandrik JM, Jennings RJ, Wagner RF: MTFs and Wiener spectra of radiographic screen-film systems. HHS Publication FDA 82-8187: 1-77, 1982.
6. Doi K, Lanzl L, Lin PJ: Recent Developments in Digital Imaging (eds). AAPM Medical Physics Monograph No. 2, published by AIP, New York, NY, 1985.
7. Doi K, Kodera Y, Loo LN, Chan HP, Higashida Y: MTFs and Wiener spectra of radiographic screen-film systems, Volume II. HHS Publication FDA 86-8257, pp. 1-100, 1986.
8. Doi K, Bunch PC, Holje G, Pfeiler M, Wagner RG: Modulation transfer function of screen-film systems. ICRU Report 41. Published by International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements, Bethesda, Maryland, pp. 1-56, 1986.
9. Doi K, Giger ML, Nishikawa RM, Hoffmann KR, MacMahon H, Schmidt RA, Chua KG: Digital radiography: A useful clinical tool for computer-aided diagnosis by quantitative analysis of radiographic images. Acta Radiologica 34: 426-439, 1993.
10. Doi K, Giger ML, Nishikawa RM, MacMahon H, Schmidt RA: Artificial intelligence and neural networks in radiology: Application to computer-aided diagnostic schemes. In: Digital Imaging, eds. Hendee W and Trueblood JH, AAPM Medical Physics Monograph No. 22, pgs. 301-322, 1993.
11. Doi K: Prospectives on digital image analysis in medical imaging: Needs for a new science concerning technical understanding of the contents of medical images. ICRU News 1(June): 10-14, 1996.
12. Doi K, MacMahon H, Katsuragawa S, Nishikawa RM, Jiang Y: Computer-aided diagnosis in radiology: potential and pitfalls. European J Radiology 31: 97-109, 1999.
13. Doi K, MacMahon H, Giger ML, Hoffmann KR (editors): Computer Aided Diagnosis in Medical Imaging, (Elsevier, Amsterdam), 1999.
14. Doi K: Present status and future horizons for computer-aided diagnosis in radiology. Physics and Engineering in Medicine in the New Millennium (editors P. E. Sharp and A. C. Perkins), pgs. 84-87, 2000.
15. Doi K: Computer-aided diagnosis in digital chest radiography. Advances in Digital Radiography: RSNA Categorical Course in Diagnostic Radiology Physics 2003 Syllabus, pp 227-236, 2003.
16. Doi K: Overview on research and development of computer-aided diagnostic schemes. Seminars in Ultrasound CT and MRI 25: 404-410, 2004.
17. Doi K: Current status and future potential of computer-aided diagnosis in medical imaging. British J. Rad, Special Issue 78: S3-S19, 2005.
18. Doi K: Diagnostic imaging over the last 50 years: Research and development in medical imaging science and technology. Phys Med Biol, 51: R5-R27, 2006.
19. Doi, K: Computer-aided diagnosis in medical imaging: Historical review, current status and future potential. J Comp Med Imaging Graphics 31: 198-211, 2007.
20. Doi K: Computer-aided diagnosis moves from breast to other systems. Diag Imaging, May, pp 37-40, 2007.